14 August 2008

Live from New York

Taking a break from eating room service grilled cheese sandwiches in bed while watching cartoons to say "hi" to all my peoples. Daddy had to go on a little business trip this week, so Mommy and I tagged along.

listening to tunes in the hotel using my new headphones from Uncle
while wearing my new Cars PJs from Uncle Dan and Aunt Terry and GiGi


So pictures are a little thin from last week because Mommy went to Paris without me and took her camera with her, but I got my VERY OWN CAMERA while she was gone from Oma and Ono! When I went to stay at Oma's one night last week, she surprised me with a birthday party, for me! When I saw what was happening, I started shaking all over and told everyone, "I so excited!" Bailey and Spencer and their parents were all there, and I got cool presents, and my very own birthday cupcake. My life is very, very good.

Daddy and I did some serious hanging out while Mommy was gone and got some swimming in. When Mommy got back, she had a surprise for me: she showed me my VERY OWN POTTY. She also showed me some real underwear that I will wear when I'm ready to use the potty. I think it's pretty cool that I have my own potty, because I like looking at the big potties but they are scary to sit on. I know because sometimes before I get in the bathtub I try sitting on the big one and I don't like it at all. My own little potty has a seat that is just the right size for me, so I don't feel like I might fall in the potty. I'm still figuring out how to get on the potty; it's easiest if I climb up on it and then turn around and sit down, but Mommy told me that my feet aren't supposed to go in the red bowl. I've been practicing backing up to it and sitting down when I feel my heels hit the potty, but it might take me a little while to get it down.

I like sitting on the potty because it keeps my feet warm.

Last night, after Daddy finished work stuff, we rode the Staten Island Ferry and saw the real Statue of Liberty. It is just like on my placemat map, but bigger. And in the water.

family self-portrait on the ferry


Look! There she is! I waved back to her.


At the ferry terminal on the Staten Island side, I saw a bunch of fish in different colors.


me and Daddy in the ferry terminal


When I get home, I'll tell you what else I did in New York. Until then, as I like to say, HAVE FUN, PEOPLES!!!

No comments: