24 August 2008

The Summer of Milo™ Season Finale

Welcome to the conclusion of The Summer of Milo™. There's so much to pack in, so let me get right to it.





When last I posted, I was in New York with my parents. Later that day, after Daddy finished his work stuff, we were going to walk around, but all of the sudden it started raining incredibly hard, so we ducked into a Borders, where I had a little nap, and then Daddy read me some books until it stopped raining.



The next day, I shocked my parents at the airport by pointing to a sign for a Ruby Tuesday's and saying "ruby." To the best of our collective knowledge, I have never visited a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant. We had to wait in the airport for a while, so I employed my new headphones to watch Lazytown on Mommy's laptop, then finally we flew to Pittsburgh and then on home to Cleveland.



I really like the days when Daddy doesn't have to go to work and all three of us are at home together. On Tuesday, we walked to the Dari Delite and I had a strawberry cone of my own.



On Wednesday we got out my new bat and ball and played my version of baseball in the yard, which was hysterical.





Later Wednesday, we drove out to Mentor Headlands State Park and walked on the beach. I picked up stones and told my parents what shapes they reminded me of, like, heart, or, triangle, and on the way back to the car, I saw a real deer, watching me back from the top of the dunes, which was cool.







On Thursday morning, when I woke up, I called for Daddy, and he came and got me and brought me up to my parents' bed, like we always do. But my parents went back to sleep, which was pretty boring, so I went downstairs, watched TV, and got myself some grapes for breakfast. When my parents woke up and realized I was gone, they kind of freaked out. They were relieved I was okay but a little surprised to see me eating grapes, which had been left on the kitchen counter the night before, waiting to be washed. They wondered how I had reached the grapes, so I showed them. It's really easy when you use a little creativity.



Since I was on a roll with freaking out my parents, I decided to stick with it by mastering the skill of crib escape this weekend. It's so liberating to be able to get up when I feel like it! My parents are happy that when I get out of my crib, the first thing I do is call them and go up to their room, but they are talking about going this week to buy something called bed rails. I'll let you know what that means when I figure it out.

I went to the marina at the Rocky River Reservation Thursday evening for a picnic with my friends Maggie, Matt and Sara. I was so happy to see Maggie and I tried to give her hugs and kisses, but Maggie is not really into my affection, so we mostly played on the swings and in the sandbox and with my bat and ball.



Yesterday, Oma and Ono came over and took me to a dog party at the park on my street. Mommy was doing face painting, but that didn't seem like a good idea to me, so I just played with the ball that was there for the dogs and ran around. There were so many really big dogs at the party, as I noted aloud several times. I also ate a hot dog and played on the playground with Oma and Ono.



After it was over, we were all wiped out, and I took a good long nap. When I woke up, Daddy was home, and we all went to Sokolowski's for pierogies with my friends Lynn and Joel, and then we sat out in the backyard under the moon, which I had never done in my pajamas before.

Tonight, I'm going to Oma and Ono's house for a family picnic, which will be the concluding event of The Summer of Milo™. Mommy goes back to school this week, and there will be no more days of all of us being home until December, which is pretty sad. Still, this summer was pretty amazing when you think about all of the things I did: picnics, cook-outs, swimming, library visits, a bridge, and more parks and playgrounds than I can count; three countries (all new) and six states (three of which were new); planes, trains, boats, taxis, wagons, carousels, and a mini van with a DVD player; museums and an orchestra concert (which I forgot to blog about because I had no pictures); friends, family and a few dogs; zoos, markets, drive-in movies, one movie in an actual theater, and a gazillion trips to Target; and my very own second birthday. I'm a really lucky guy.

Rumor has it that Mommy will stay at home with me next summer, too, given her school schedule. I'm going to start working on the list of things we can do then. It would be hard to top this summer, but I'm going to do my best.

No comments: