18 September 2008

I think, therefore I can't

Hi, it's me - Milo. You may have forgotten me, since I haven't blogged in 3 1/2 weeks, which may not seem like much to you, but it's about 3% of my total life so far. The reason why I haven't is complex, but it involves the return of Mommy to school as well as my mastery of climbing out of bed two days before her semester started, leading to chronic sleep deprivation among the members of our household. The good news is, I haven't gotten out of bed before going to sleep in FOUR WHOLE NIGHTS, so people are starting to get a little more sane around here. Of course, I still love to go running up to my parents' room at 5:30 each morning, so things aren't perfect yet.

Despite less than ideal conditions, my verbal skills have taken off (as my friend Joel noted) "like a rocket." I talk so, so much that my parents can't even keep track of all of the things I say, because I just talk about everything. A few themes they have noticed, though, include sentences beginning with "I think...," "I can't...," and "I LOVE...," as in, "I think it's time to watch Martha," "I can't go to the doctor," and "I LOVE cinnamon rolls!", to give just a few examples. I've also picked up some new adjectives, like crazy, funny, and fast, which I use liberally.

Because it's been so ridiculously long since I posted, I have more to show you than can really be digested in one post, so here are a couple of things, and then I'll catch up soon with some more.


I met my great-grandpa Lee who came to visit from Florida. I went to a party to see him, and there were a bunch of people I didn't know, so I was not very comfortable at first. But Great-Grandpa Lee was nice and gave me a hug and told me he had seen me on the computer, so I guess my fame has spread to South Florida. Then I found someone I know well - Aunt Terry! - and growled "I'm going to get you!" at her until she chased me around the room. Good times.

I've really enjoyed playing baseball this summer. Here's Nonna showing me how to bat.

One of the things I LOVE is CHOCOLATE PUDDING! Look how good I am at eating it with a spoon!

Mommy was doing this silly thing at Yearbook Yourself where she put my first birthday picture in their application and produced this picture of me looking like a high school kid back in the time when she was in high school. Pretty silly, huh?

Next time, I'll tell you about my family's retreat and my tour of the new buildings at the Cleveland Clinic!

No comments: