09 July 2007

Little Man Around Town

I've been busy running around town with Mommy and Daddy since last I posted. Last week, we went to the West Side Market and I had a pumpkin cookie which I ate in under a minute. I still can't believe how good it was!





On the Fourth of July, we went to my Nonna's for dinner, where I decided I like American cheese after all. Then we all walked to Edgewater to watch the fireworks. I actually fell asleep before the show started, but I enjoyed watching the assembling crowd.



I was reunited with my beloved Cousin Bella at Grandma T's house last Thursday, and I had so much fun playing with her, her mommy Betsy, and my Great Aunt Barb, as well as my Great Aunt Terry and my Grandma T.

I also got to meet Bella's new little sister, Liliana. Mommy says I used to be that small, but I don't believe it. Grandma T had workers at her house remodeling her bathroom, and it was fascinating to watch them do their job.


Yesterday I went to brunch with Greg and Dyan. I hadn't seen them in a long time, but they were really nice to me and soon it was just like old times. We ate pancakes at Grumpy's in Tremont, then we walked to Lucky's for coffee (and zucchini bread for me!). When I showed Dyan my tiger, she showed me how to growl like a tiger, and Greg helped me practice my walking. I hope I get to seem them again soon.

Last night, we went to Minh Anh for supper and I had my first ever fried rice. I ate everything in the dish but I especially liked the fried tofu and the green onion bits. Mmmmmmm!





Today we went to the zoo, but it was so hot that we took the tram straight to the primates and aquatics house. I saw a bunch of different monkeys and lemurs and fish and one tiger that was spotted like a snake. I enjoyed the animals but I really dug all the big kids running around. I tried to get some of them to talk to me, but most of them ran past too quickly. I can't wait until I am big enough to run with them.

My parents think I might like watching fish so much because I am a water person. I even said "wa-wa" again the other day; I had taken a bath with Daddy, and I got so mad when Mommy took me out to get me dressed. When Daddy got out of the tub and came over to me, I looked up at him and sorrowfully asked, "Wa-wa?" But with the hot weather, I am getting extra water time: my parents took me to the pool at the Wyndham last week, and we went to the Y tonight (where I crawled around on the shallow slope until I crawled right in over my head), and tomorrow night we're going to Nonna's to swim. Maybe tomorrow I'll try swimming without anyone holding on to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Milo, our mommies—I mean, we—share excellent taste!

I have the same crazy monkey orange onesie and also the fabulous Aria stroller. Except mine is day-glo orange, as you have seen.

I can't wait to try fried rice, too! Slowly I am getting the hang of the real food arrangement. Had mashed potatoes with goat cheese and chives the other night, mmm.

I know you're not local, but do your parents want to take a trip to Philadelphia this weekend for a Decemberists concert? :) My dad got tickets but now mom has to go on a stupid work trip and he doesn't want to go alone. :(