24 February 2008

The After-Party

I know it's taken a while for me to post, but what can I say? My parents have selfishly put work and school before my blog. I do what I can, but they still have to push the buttons. One day, as soon as I learn to type, and to spell, and the alphabet, and all that, I will post my own material directly, and daily. Until then, I suppose parents will be parents.

So, last Sunday would have been birthday number 3 for my brother, Hans. Every year, we take a little trip. The first year, when I was about the size of a sardine and busy swimming in the maternal ocean, my parents went to New York and saw "Rent". Last year, we went to Troncones, Mexico, and I ate a couple of pounds of beach sand. This year, we went back to New York.

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt that's connected to Grand Central Terminal, and when it was raining I enjoyed running around the long halls and eating in the dining concourse, which had every kind of food I enjoy (quesadillas, naan, ice cream, bagels).

We finally met up with my buddy Adrian Milo and his parents, Amanda and Steve, for some shopping, brunch, and hot chocolate, which was really cool because we are nearly the same age and into the same things, like walking and banging on tabletops.

I played in all the good parks, and I helped my Mommy get a "3" candle for Hans's birthday cupcake. As we left the store, the security guard gave me the giant bunch of red, white, blue, and silver balloons that were flying at the store's entrance, which was more thrilling than I can even describe, but so many balloons were more than I could handle without bopping many fellow sidewalk walkers in the face, so Daddy cut a big, silver, mylar star off for me and Mommy tied it to my stroller, and it was perfect. They let the rest of the balloons float away; we watched them while they mozied down Broadway, then lost them when they turned right on 52nd. Later, I helped Daddy blow out the candle for Hans and then ate 2/3 of his giant chocolate cupcake, which was so good that I couldn't stop saying, "MMMMMMMMMM!!!"

We managed to eat a ton of great food all at restaurants we had never visited before this trip. I had an orange pancake at Jane, tofu skin wraps at Wild Ginger Kitchen, and veggie chicken tenders at ZenBurger, just to name a few culinary highlights. I would tell you more, but I need a nap, so for the rest of the details, watch this movie about my trip:

No comments: