17 June 2008

Back on the Block

Sorry for the delay in posting, but my mommy's been acting weird, like sleeping during the day and not wanting to pick me up and declining to take dictation for blog posts, which I have found shocking, frankly. Daddy and I took her to the doctor, who said she had positional vertigo; I don't know what that means, exactly, but I do know it means that I got to ride in a wheelchair, which was incredibly exciting.

Because Mommy was out of it, I spent most of the weekend at my nonna's place, which was cool, because we took walks and I got to pick up sticks. We also did stuff like taking the garbage out (I got to carry the empty pizza box to the big garbage cans!) and reading Nonna's picture encyclopedia, which has pictures of just about everything that you could ever want to know the name of, plus it has words that a grown-up can read to you so you now know the name of the thing! Amazing!

Sunday afternoon, Daddy came home from work and took me to Oma and Ono's house, where I got to eat lasagna and sing "Happy Birthday" to my cousin Bailey, who is two years old now. I also got to run around outside with Bailey and Spencer and to help Bailey blow out her candles and to eat ice cream cake, about which I cannot stop talking, even two days later.

Yesterday, I got to spend the day with G.G. and Aunt Terry, and we had a picnic of raisins and animal crackers, and then Oma picked me up and took me home and gave me my bath and gave me tons of kisses. The day was so exciting that I did not want to take a nap all day long, so I went to bed at 7 pm and didn't wake up until 8:00 this morning!

Mommy is finally doing better today, so we went to the West Side Market Diner, for a breakfast of my favorite hash browns ever in the history of the universe, and then to Target, where we bought me some diapers and my first ever Play-Doh, which I look forward to trying out soon. I have this book that I love to read over and over in which one of the things a girl in the book does when she is so mad that she wants to squeeze her cat is to squeeze some clay instead. I really like the part where I get to say, "squish, squish, squish!" I hope to get to do some real life squishing myself. I'm also looking forward to swimming all the time now that the pool is open down the street.

Before Mommy got sick, I did some other stuff, too. Here are some pictures of it:

My parents and I went to Edgewater Park for a picnic and a little soccer.



Our neighborhood club had its first Porch Night Out last week. Daddy couldn't be home for it, and Mommy had to do some walking around to say hi to people who were sitting out on their porches, so Nonna came over and had dinner with me on our front porch, which was fun but also difficult to do, because there are so many distracting things going on down our street that it makes it hard to just sit down and eat dinner.

Because Daddy had to work on Father's Day, Mommy and I took him out one night last week to Momocho. It's a little nicer - and slower - restaurant than the ones I usually frequent, but I behaved incredibly well. I did take off my shoes, but a boy has to do something to get comfortable, right? I had rice and green beans and ice cream, which I think is a pretty reasonable meal, but my parents must have lost their minds: my daddy had something called huitlecoche, which is mold that grows on corn, and my mommy had grasshoppers, which seems like something interesting to play with but I'm not sure about eating. I guess when she was pregnant with me, my parents went to the place in Mexico where they eat grasshoppers, and my daddy tried them but my mommy didn't want to take any chances, for my sake (thank you very much for that!), so now she wanted to make up for her missed opportunity. I think her curiosity is satisfied. Because we were celebrating, our server brought my daddy a dessert with a sparkler in it, which was a pretty cool way to end the night.

2 comments:

Ainsworth said...

Hey Milo, good to hear from you. Sorry your Mum's not been feeling good. Made me sad reading that, but glad she's doing better now.

Marsha said...

Milo,
I know how your mommy felt. I had vertigo for 6 weeks last fall. I am so happy that she is feeling better.
I really like reading your blog. You have had some wonderful adventures!!

Maggie's Grandma Marsha