31 August 2007

The Routine

We're all settled down at my house. Daddy starts working at his new position tomorrow, and Mommy started her fall semester this week. I've resumed my visits to my Grandma T's house while my parents are both occupied. We're done with trips until November. Perhaps this period of time is what I've heard called the Dog Days of August. I'm in favor of anything having to do with dogs, of course, but no dogs have shown up yet. I'm waiting.

Not too much is new with me. I've developed a hand sign of my own that involves pointing to my palm but no one has correctly interpreted it yet. Sometimes the big people are slow to catch up with me on these things. In eating news, I'm so over broccoli, but I can't get enough baked beans, and raisins are the new mandarin oranges.

A cool development is the rise of my sense of humor. I'm finding many of the things I see out the car window to be quite funny, and I laugh my way through many of my car rides. And this morning, Daddy and I made a little joke together: first, I put an apple slice in my ear, about which we all had a good laugh, and then I held a piece of egg up to my ear and Daddy said, "Hello?" Get it? An egg phone! Good one, huh?

And now it's time for the pictures:

The other afternoon I woke up from my nap with perfect glam/indie rocker hair. Just imagine a microphone where you see the bottle.
Before Uncle Jon left to move to Jacksonville, we bonded over French toast at Nick's.

My parents and I went to the Carnegie West library to load up on some new books, but I couldn't get enough of this thing - anyone know what it's called?

I love me some chocolate chip cookies!!!

My family went to the Rain Forest at the Cleveland Zoo (thanks for the passes, Denise!) and I got a kick out of watching this orangutan(?) shimmy up the ropes.

I got my first try at using crayons (mmmmm, so yummy!) when I wrote my birthday present thank you notes.

I am becoming quite adept at using chopsticks. I mean, I don't actually use them for food delivery, but I find them a great accessory to hand-feeding.

I love making a loop around the living room and kitchen on this scooter my Grandpa gave me for my birthday. And don't I look very suave in the shirt Jim and Marixa gave me?

I'm very interested in drinking from cups without sippy tops. I usually end up soaked, but my skills are improving daily, and I find a good gulp so refreshing.

The other evening I had a good visit with our neighbor Denise while Daddy mowed the yard. We helped him by keeping an eye on the veggie bratwursts on the grill.

I have big holiday weekend party plans, and I'm looking forward to two whole days of both of my parents not having to work or go to school. Hey, you have a good weekend, too!

No comments: