06 August 2007

Soul Man

I'm back with another installment of my highly unstructured life. I've also got a new poll that needs your vote, and in case you're wondering, the dressy fauxhawk edged out the messy casual look by one vote in last week's poll.




I've been out listening to some music this weekend. On Saturday night, my parents took me to Mocha Dreams to hear Greg and his brother Tim. They played some cool, sweet tunes while I kicked back with a nice, cold sippy cup of milk. Dyan gave me this antique block set that forms a different funny face with each turn of a block; I think I'll have fun checking it out if I can pry it away from Daddy.

Last night I went over to Barry's house to check out his kitchen remodel. He's not quite done with it, but what I saw looked pretty sharp. I mean, I'd fling mandarin oranges around it any day. I got to visit with Julie, and with Greg and Dyan, who were there, too. Barry and Greg played their guitars and didn't seem to mind too much when I sang along. Later, Greg gave me my first guitar lesson, so I can now add guitar to the list of instruments I play (drums, keyboards, concertina, and assorted rhythm instruments).

Life is good now that I get to ride in the car facing forward. The first day, I spent much of the time pointing at things out the window and yelling, "DAT!" Now, though, it's old hat.




No comments: