10 March 2008

Bathapalooza '08 and Other Adventures

Hello from Jacksonville, where Mommy and I are hiding out from the crazy winter storm at home. We're here visiting my cousin Johnny ("JAH-JAH!"), Aunt Lissa and Uncle John, and Johnny and I are having the most fun ever, except for the part where I had to go to the hospital.


We have been playing with the most incredible train table and trains and tracks and bridges and all other things trainly that I have ever seen, right in Johnny's living room. I cannot think about anything else when I am in his house but the TRAINS. I never dreamed life could be this rich.

I have done a few other things besides play with trains, though. Uncle Jon came down for the day, and we went to an awesome kids' park where I climbed up the highest slide I have ever been on, all by myself, over and over again, while Uncle Jon kept me from falling off the top. What a thrill! We've also been out to Sierra Grille and to Moe's for quesadillas, and we played ball in the backyard, and we've been shopping, and Johnny and I took a bath together of tsunami proportions, and it's all been just great. Better still, I haven't worn a winter coat since Wednesday!

The only downer has been my trip to the emergency room. Last night when we got home from dinner, Johnny and I were running up the sidewalk to the front door when I tripped and banged headfirst into the concrete and then skidded into the flower bed. Boy, was I upset. Aunt Lissa cleaned me up and Uncle John got my carseat set up in Mommy's car while Mommy ran around in a tizzy, and then Mommy and I went to the hospital, which was kind of cool for a while, because I got to play with a HUGE bead table and there was plenty of room to run in the waiting room. But then it got to be way past my bedtime and I had had enough, so I slept first in Mommy's lap for an hour and then we both slept on an exam table for about three hours until the doctor came to see us. The arrival of the doctor messed up my groove, because he woke me up just to poke at me and squish my face around and shine bright lights in my eyes, and it was so not cool. At least I didn't have to have any stitches, but I have a big old fat lip, and my mouth is pretty sore. I did rip my Frenulum Labii Inferioris, which is a fancy way of saying the little part of my upper lip that attaches to my gums, but mine was already a little funky because it came all the way down to in between my front teeth, so the end result is that I gave myself a little surgery that I was probably going to need eventually anyway. I just did it without anesthesia. How tough am I?

I'm sleeping it off this morning while Johnny's at school, but this afternoon I'm looking forward to running wild with him again. More pictures later, when I have more time.

No comments: