24 March 2008

What's New and Cool

Get this, peeps - I am taking my verbal communications to the next level: I am speaking in sentences! Granted, my audible sentences aren't nearly as complex as my written ones. But I'm going to catch the two up in no time. Some recent examples of my two-or-more-word constructions include:

  • "Where Daddy/Mommy/milk cup/other object with which I am familiar but whose whereabouts are unknown to me?" (said in a quizzical tone with tilted head, raised eyebrows, shrugged shoulders, and upturned palms)
  • "Nonna bye-bye." (said in a resigned tone after my Nonna walked out the door)
  • "Choo-choo all gone!" (cried out in most dramatic, mournful and emphatic tone after Daddy had to pry my cousin Alex's trains from my fists when it was time to leave his house)
Does it get any more awesome than that? I highly doubt it.

In other startling developments, after scoring a 1/15 (the 1 being for "walks and runs steadily") last week on the potty-training readiness assessment (with which my parents were totally fine), I have surprised them this week by greeting them with the name of the waste product most filling my diaper (i.e. "pee-pee" or "poo") and pointing to my pants when they come to get me out of bed (and in so doing have doubled my potty readiness score). Granted, I have a number of other steps to climb before I'm in the potty zone, but I'm going to get there eventually, and that must give several people (like my G.G., at whose house I always make sure to drop a deuce, twice) considerable hope.

Another announcement I have to make this week is that I have invited my parents to contribute to this blog. I won't need them to post for me forever, and sometimes they have stuff to tell about me that I don't even know myself, so it's time to do a little tweaking. I'll still be the primary poster - after all, it IS my blog - but maybe sometimes they'll give their side of the story. Just letting you know so you're not surprised if and when you see it happen.

No new pictures this time, because the big people are absorbed in work and school and other things that divert their attention from me, but I'll stay on them until they upload and post the pictures of me in my groovy Easter sweater and matching socks in a submarine theme.

No comments: