05 March 2008

Primary Hangover

I don't know about you, but the longer the presidential primary campaigns go, the more nights my parents stay up watching primary returns. Some mornings I wake up wondering, "What happened?" No, really, what did happen? I still don't get what the fuss is about.


My parents took me with them to vote yesterday, all excited about exposing me to the Democratic process, ready to take my picture in the polling booth. But when we got inside the elementary school library where my parents vote, there was a giant wooden train that I absolutely had to climb inside. If big trains are what democracy is all about, then I'm for it! I'm also for oranges and bananas for breakfast. Other than trains and fruit, I don't understand why anyone would get all worked up. It's all a mystery.

So, the other day I went to my Nonna's (her door is the one with the big green apples on it), and she brought out a big bucket of my Uncle Jon's old cars. I was in heaven.


She also gave me a box so I would have a smooth surface for the cars, but I thought it was even more fun to climb in the box with the cars!


I enjoy the independence of manual self-feeding, but I've come to realize that the big people eat almost exclusively with utensils, so I'm giving the silly things a try. They're harder to use than you may realize, but certain foods lend themselves to being speared, such as bananas. Yesterday, I speared my first banana successfully.


Today is another snow day, which is always fun, but I was getting a little cabin fever. I kept climbing on the boxes of new blinds which just arrived for our windows, which my parents had specifically asked me not to do. But climbing around on boxes is just plain fun, so my Mommy finally got smart enough to dig out an empty diaper box for me to play with. I immediately recognized its potential as a train: I put my little plastic baby and my Curious George doll in it and pushed them around the living room while yelling, "CHOO! CHOOOOOOOOO!" I've also been climbing in the box myself and getting my parents to push my train around. Good times.


I really want to watch some more of that dog that my great-Aunt Kathy sent me, so I have to go for now.

No comments: