19 October 2007

Party Animal

Between all the partying and all the playing, it's a wonder I have time to sleep. But I must be getting at least enough sleep to be healthy, because my pediatrician was pleased with my growth and development at my almost-15 months checkup. At 14 months and 2 weeks, I weighed 23 lbs 9.6 oz (moving me up to the 40th percentile), and I was 2' 6.51" (the 38th percentile), while my head was 47.5 cm (the 60th percentile - it must be all those books I read making my brain expand).

At home, I've excited my parents by learning the opposite of my favorite word ("UP!"), which is down ("dah"). I've also been really into singing my original compositions about babies and milk, and into making fierce, funny faces for comic effect. My unassisted walking continues to blossom, a little at a time; I've figured out that it's easier for me to balance if I'm holding on to something, anything (like a Little People figurine or a puzzle piece or a sippy cup), even though it's not attached to anything holding me up.

Since I last posted, I've celebrated Mommy's 38th birthday and my great-uncle Dale's 50th birthday. I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to live so long. Wow. Anyway, here are the pictures of my antics in the last week and a half:


Afternoon coffee with my bgf Maggie and her parents at Talkies in Ohio City.

Birthday brunch for my mommy, hosted by Nonna, attended by me, my Oma, and Grandma T.

Big enough to be trusted to sit on the bench in the fitting room and eat my snack and not get down on the floor and fling hangers around.

Uncle Dale's 50th Birthday Party at the Winking Lizard in Lakewood:
he really loved the pink Tinkerbell purse I helped pick out for him.

Visiting with the Trusko clan at the party.

I really dug Uncle Dale's pretty birthday necklace.


When I got really tired, my cousin Ashley let me snuggle up with her.
I am all about nooks and crannies lately. I love to play behind the small couch and under the big couch and anywhere there's a me-sized space.









While Daddy took Mommy to Cleveland Public Theatre to see "AtTENtion Span" and to the Flying Fig for dinner, I went to Oma and Ono's house and played with Oma's friend Vicky; we got along so well that I made the effort to say her name.
Also, Oma helped me make a handprint painting and framed it for me to give Mommy for her birthday; Mommy loved it, and put it on the shelf next to my handprints from last year, which are really small in comparison.

Doing some serious walking on the plaza in front of the eastside Trader Joe's.
I love that Trader Joe's has shopping carts in my size!
The eastside Trader Joe's also has sidewalk chess.
I played pretty well considering I had never played chess.


Drumsticks are great for drumming but also for chewing, pointing, and waving around like a magic wand.I like to help.

How handsome am I in my French-looking, chocolate Tofutti moustache?

Nonna came over for a sleepover when my parents went to the Uz Jsme Doma show, and she taught me how to blow on my pinwheel.

Have you ever seen feet cuter than these? I highly doubt it.

No comments: