12 October 2007

So Close

I want to walk soooooo badly. I will grab anyone's hands if they will walk with me. I'm just not sure about walking without a big person's hand. It seems a little dicey. I've had a bunch of walking practice lately. My parents and I went to New York Sunday and Monday, and when I wasn't cruising in my stroller I did some good walking there. Tonight, Mommy and I went on the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood's Haunted House walk with our neighbors Lynn and Joel, and I walked as much as the big people could tolerate, and then just a little more. I can't speak for anyone else, but I had a great time.

Here I am, in my very own seat, en route to La Guardia. I took my new baby (AKA "Baby") for his first plane ride. I had to give him his pacifier to keep him quiet.

I loved watching the horses in Central Park, and for a little while, I was content to hang out in the grass with my parents.

But then I was ready to go already.

I gave Daddy a really intense workout, trying to keep up with me. By the time we left, I had a good bit of Central Park absorbed in the knees of my pants.

While I was off running around, Baby kicked back with a cold drink.

On Monday, I got my walking practice in at Columbus Park in Brooklyn, which was fitting, since it was Columbus Day.

Finally, it's gotten cool enough to wear my new, fuzzy, footed pajamas. I giggled at how soft they were when I put them on the first time. Sleeping in these jammies is some first class sleep, people.

I love books so much. One of my favorites is my Nonna's Rock-a-Bye Baby book. The button that plays the song is the first button I ever learned to push; now, pushing buttons is one of my favorite pasttimes, and in fact "button" ("but [pause] eh") is one of my latest vocabulary words.

Tonight I donned my frog Halloween costume for what I hope will be the first of several occasions. While I was waiting for Lynn and Joel to come over, I hung out in my costume and pulled a bunch of books off the shelves.

Here I am, waiting in line for the Haunted House tour, just before I got fed up with being stuck in the stroller.

Joel was really cool about walking with me and carrying me when I was getting super tired toward the end of the walk. After it was over, I got to meet our tour guide, Bruce.
I've had a big night, plus I wore myself out today playing with a couple of awesome big kids (Aunt Joyce's friends Liam and Noleen) at my Grandma T's, so I've got to go to bed now, before I fall over and bonk my head on the keyboard.

3 comments:

Ainsworth said...

Hey mister, you're looking good. Why would you want to walk badly. When I get strong enough I'm planning to walk really well!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is your cousin from the winking lizard! I love your costume!!!! You look so cute in it!!

Milo said...

Hi, Ashley - it was so cool to hang out with you!