04 May 2008

Getting All Old School On You

People around here have been remiss in capturing my fabulousness in pictures this week. I don't want to name names - but I could if I wanted to, because this week I've learned my parents' names, the ones besides "Daddy" and "Mommy". But I digress. I just have a couple of new pictures this week, from my 24-hour jaunt to Newark and New York for Daddy's birthday. Daddy had a meeting there Thursday, and Friday was his birthday, so Mommy and I flew to meet him Thursday night to celebrate. My personal highlights were playing with some new animal toys in the hotel room and swinging in an amazing oversize swing at Riverside Park. Tune in after those pics for an explanation on how I'm going old school.





So the thing is, I started this blog when I was about 7 1/2 months old. My life ever since has been fairly well documented, but the early days are kind of hazy for me. My solution: feature occasional flashbacks of the original highlights here on this blog. Accordingly, I present "My First Bath(s)"!

The first sponge bath was terrifying! I was all exposed and cold, and I was getting dampened after I had just gotten dried out from being submerged for nine months. NOT cool.

Lucky for me, Nonna was nearby. She wrapped me up in this towel that I think used to be my cousin Johnny's, and things were a little better.

Then, just when I was getting to the point where I could at least tolerate the sponge baths, they put me back in a whole dishpan of water! I was visiting Nonna at her old place in Florida when my cord finally fell off, and this was my reward???

Oh, the indignity of the kitchen sink bath and the coffee cup shower!

I'm happy to report that baths have gotten much, much better.

*****

On a final note, I've posted a new poll (near the top of the sidebar to the left) for your consideration. I love musical instruments of all kinds, and my parents keep wondering aloud which one I might want to focus on and eventually start lessons for. I'd like to give my input, but I'm not sure myself. What do you think?

1 comment:

Ainsworth said...

Hey Milo - that's one BIG swing! My daddy plays a few instruments, so I asked him before I voted. And even though he mainly plays drums he says the piano is the most useful one to learn because you learn about every aspect of music, so that's what I voted for. Just make sure you get a teacher who makes it fun fun fun fun fun. though, 'cos it can get a bit boring otherwise.

Of course everyone should learn to play drums as well. Do both!