29 May 2008

The Summer (???) of Milo Marches On

I am love-love-loving The Summer of MiloTM, but whether it's actually summer is highly debatable. I am still wearing fuzzy pajamas most nights, for pete's sake, and this morning I'm wearing my devastatingly stylish new sweater Daddy brought me back from Peru on top of my fuzzy pajamas (see picture at right). I don't want to complain; I hear that in another month (or two), even my ankles will be sweaty, but it's hard to imagine.

Despite the chill, I am making the most of The Summer of MiloTM. I have been busy with trips to New Jersey and Michigan, visits to G.G., swimming, wagon rides, and adding about a hundred words to my vocabulary each day (or at least so it seems). Some of my newer, more complex, and frequently used constructions include "I coming!", "Where are you?", and (Mommy's favorite) "Hey! More juice!".

Since we've been so busy, I'm a little late on making this post, so there will be a ton of pictures. Mommy says she is busier now that the school year is over, which doesn't make much sense to me, since she is home all the time, plus she has me to help her. I think the real issue is that she is a little mopey now that this season of American Idol is over. Whatever the reason, she is helping me post now, so let's catch up, shall we?


My parents were folding laundry when I absconded with Daddy's soccer jersey. He graciously let me wear it.

In our hotel in New Jersey, I watched Curious George on TV, which is not uncommon - I just wanted you to see what I look like with my hair combed before I start tearing around and my hair starts to look like an old mop.

We rode the train to Manhattan for lunch. I slept through lunch, though, and when I woke up, my parents gave me my lunch in the park next to the Cathedral School, where I chased pigeons and a white peacock.


I got to go to Russ and Cory's wedding the next day, and Russ read me "Inside, Outside, Upside Down," one of my very most favorite books.

Back at home, I have gotten so tall that I can now see right into the knife drawer (yikes!) and can peek into the silverware drawer on the top. My parents did some rearranging, but I do like to explore, so they explained to me that the bottom drawer, the one with all the leftover containers, was my drawer. Since it was mine, I decided to make the most of it.


I have been super into my barn and animals lately. I also ask my parents, "What cow say?" and then I answer for them ("Moo!"). I also like to quiz them on sheep, pigs, chickens, and dogs. If I keep working with them, I'm sure they'll learn eventually.

Last Saturday, I met my friends Dyan and Greg under the Detroit-Superior Bridge to tour the lower bridge where the trains used to go. I wore my train engineer's hat and scarf that my grandpa gave me, although I prefer to take off my hat to show it off, so Mommy had to put it away for me. I loved it all - Greg, Dyan, trains, bridges, the river below, riding in the wagon. It was an awesome day.

I've been to Ikea a bunch of times, but my nonna had never been, so Mommy and I took her to the one near Detroit on Memorial Day. Toward the end of the day, I got really tired of shopping and screamed at the top of my lungs until I got them to get me out of there, but for most of the day I had fun hanging out with my girls and checking out the toy selection. Because I love to count, Mommy bought me my very own abacus, with which I love to play. On the way home, I got bored and started screaming again, so I was given a napkin, which I happily spent an hour tearing into hundreds of very tiny napkins.


I went to go see G.G. and my beloved Bailey was there. We were ecstatic to see each other and played drums together as loudly as we could.

Daddy got back from a little trip to Peru yesterday, and after we picked him up from the airport, we wanted to go play, but it was cold and windy outside, so instead we went to Great Northern Mall, where I played in the big corral they have for kids and climbed over the rides. Here, I was riding Bob the Builder's tractor and having a little chat with him. My parents thought I might be ready for an actual moving ride this time, so they put some quarters in the tractor and he rocked a little and sang the Bob the Builder theme, but I'm not sure what the big deal was. I just like climbing up and then off the rides.

It's library day, so I have to go take a nap now so that I feel good when I go. See you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Milo my friend! It's been too long. I see you have been keeping busy though. I'm jealous of all the fun you've been having! And mommy is jealous that your mom is off all summer. :(

I have to tell you (which I am sure will be no surprise) that I am also enamored of all things farm, and in fact have that same farm set and the stacking animals, too.

So, mooo and baaa! Catch you soon.