03 May 2007

Double Header

Today was a very special day - it was both my Daddy's 30th birthday and Emma's 3rd birthday! We spent the whole day celebrating, including going to Canada (my first time ever). Here are just a few of the 237 pictures my parents took today:








Candice made us waffles and Richard made us eggs for breakfast; afterwards, I helped Daddy check his email.


We all went to the Greater Vancouver Zoo. I slept through most of our time there, though.


Daddy talked to an animal whose name I can't remember, maybe because I was asleep at the time.



I did wake up for a train ride around the zoo. The train whistle was so loud, but the view was great.


After the zoo, we went to the pier in Steveston. We had coffee (actually, I had a little toast while my parents had coffee) and then we strolled down the boardwalk. Emma kept me entertained with her go/stop running game.


We went to Vogue Chinese Restaurant in Richmond for dinner. I tried to get me some of the eggplant, cucumbers, and handmade noodles everyone else was eating, but to no avail. After dinner, we went to La Cuisson for Dutch-process coffee; apparently, it takes 60 hours to brew a 30-cup pot, but the big people said it was totally worth it. At La Cuisson we also had a special birthday cake from Yaohan made of taro root. I hear it was yummy but I couldn't say, since my many lunges for Mommy's piece of cake were unsuccessful. When we got home, we all put on party hats, and Daddy and Emma opened their presents.


After all the partying, I was too wound up to go to bed yet, so Candice and I played together. I was so sad when it was time to give up and go to bed. It was such a good day that I didn't want it to end.

Our trip is almost over. Tomorrow we are going to Seattle, and then Saturday we'll be home. I have had such a good time, but I will be happy to see all of my extended family. They may not recognize me because I have grown up so much this last month.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Milo, I haven't told you, but I have enjoyed your travels so very much and wish my own little people were such excellent travellers!! You are an exceptional little person whose point of view I will remember if ever I follow in your footsteps. Keep having lots of fun!!

(I hope you get some of the big people's food soon!)