18 April 2007

And now we return to our regular programming ***Now, updated with pictures!***

Hey! Here I am! Over here, in San Francisco, the ci-tay by the bay-ee-ay-ee. I've actually been here for a couple of days but I've been kept off the 'net by technical difficulties with the hotel's FREE wi-fi (the lesson I've learned at a tender age being that sometimes you get what you pay for). While I'm back online, this will be a picture-free post, since Blogger is having technical problems of its own. ***NEW PICTURES ADDED!***

Since last I posted, I've been keeping busy sprouting a tooth! Monday afternoon, after we left Randy and Jenny's place, I was absolutely squirrelly. I was trying to get my parents' attention, clawing my mommy's face and pulling my daddy's hair, but they just did not get it. Finally, the next morning, I got Mommy's attention by letting her experience my first tooth firsthand while we were nursing, and for once I didn't get in trouble for biting. I let both Mommy and Daddy stick their fingers in my mouth to confirm the breakthrough; usually, I prohibit their attempts to test for teeth, but I figured it was a special occasion, so I cut them some slack. Maybe NOW I'll get those tortilla chips they keep putting out of reach.

In other culinary adventures, I had my first tofu, which I immediately loved, at Delica rf-1 at the Ferry Building, after Mommy and Daddy sampled Persian Lime and Blood Orange olive oils at the Stonehouse stand (as usual, they did not share with me). I also had a piece of carrot and a couple of peas off Mommy's bright green chopsticks at Lucky Creation Vegetarian in Chinatown, which I enjoyed, and some pureed taro off her soup spoon, which I found putrid, and I made sure everyone at the large round table we shared with three other people knew it by spewing it from my mouth as I shook my head in disapproval. Much better are the apple cinnamon snack sticks my parents introduced today, which I like best with one in each hand.

Moving on to transportation, I have now ridden four trolley cars, which I find greatly entertaining - the jerkiness when we take off, the squeak of the tracks and the squawk of the brakes, the moving view, the other passengers who talk to me. I would also like to see what it's like to jump off a moving car, but my parents fail to appreciate the potential thrill value in that maneuver and accordingly spent the afternoon trying (and failing) to find an infant carrier for me, since they stupidly left mine at home. Until they find one, my parents say we will have to stick to using the rental car to get around town, which is fine with me, too, because I have the whole backseat to myself, suckas.

Other highlights from the last few days include walking around Japantown, Chinatown (where I got me some peacock blue shoes and got my parents chewed out by an elderly woman for having me out in the cold, to which I say, I'm from Cleveland, so I laugh at 60-degree weather! HA!), the Financial District, Pier 39 (where I saw me some sea lions) and Fisherman's Wharf, the Mission (where I caught an exhibit of Oaxacan protest posters), and Union Square. I've also been shopping at Whole Foods with Mommy and helped my parents do some laundry at my first-ever trip to a laundromat. We're chillin' back at the hotel now, trying to cheer the Nets to victory over the Bulls so the Cavs get the No. 2 seed (yea Cavs for 50 wins!), and then we're headed to the San Francisco Art Institute to see the Diego Rivera mural there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sprouted a tooth....that is wonderful. Each one you get is an event, but the first one is always cause for the greatest celebration. Congratulations!

I love your new all-purpose toy; you know, the one that requires different skills on each side. it looks to be so much fun!! I tried to call you on the phone you have there, but you must have been out, and I did not get to speak with you.

Love, Nonna