07 April 2007

Taking Over the World, One Diaper at a Time


Yesterday afternoon we went for a stroll on the boardwalk at Venice Beach. I saw more tattoos than I have seen my whole life - even more tattoos than on the parents in the baby swim class at the Lakewood Y. We also stopped and bought me some new sunglasses, because my parents left mine at home (note to self: must pack own bag in the future so as not to forget vital stuff). I needed to take them off and check them out to see what I was getting into, but after a while I was comfortable keeping them on. Plus, I look so cool in them.

My parents stopped and bought themselves Indian food at a stand on the boardwalk, and then we went back to our apartment building to eat our dinner on the rooftop terrace. They wouldn't share their food with me, much to my frustration. They would only give me strained pears and cherry stars. So I showed them: I pooped on Mommy's lap and had to be rushed back downstairs for a bath. Maybe next time they'll think to get enough korma and naan for all of us. I got a little carried away with my revenge, though; I am experiencing a case of travelers' distress, which I hope to get over soon, because I am tired of having my clothes changed constantly. On the plus side, at least I'm getting to spend extra time in the bathtub, which I love. The ocean is a little cold for swimming, so it's the bathtub for me for now; my parents have promised we'll get a hotel with a heated pool when we leave Venice.

After dinner, Daddy and I watched the Cavs game on TV. Daddy is very happy we have cable in our apartment. Then I finally pooped out, and Mommy and Daddy loaded me in a cab and took me to Albertson's so we could get some rice cereal for me and groceries for them. Since I was so peaceful in my carseat, they let me sleep in it all night, but when I woke up at 5 this morning, I was ready to get the day going. At 6, my persistence paid off: they gave in and got up and gave me my rice and bananas, and then while they ate their granola and yogurt I paid them back for making me wait an hour by, um, having some more travelers' distress.

All this revenge-taking wears a baby out, so I am napping now while Daddy takes a run, but when I wake up, we're all going to the Third Street Promenade on a blue bus. It should be a good day if I can keep everything in my diaper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Milo, you just look the coolest in your sunglasses and ball cap. You're riding along the boardwalk, while Nonna just trudged to Dave's in blinding snow. I'd rather be on the boardwalk. I hope your revenge clears up soon.
I love you, Nonna