10 April 2007

Hey! I am TALKING to you!

Yesterday my parents and I took the bus to the airport station, and another bus to the terminal, and then ANOTHER bus to the rental car lot. A nice Australian man helped Daddy get my stroller on the bus while Mommy held me. All along the way, people chatted with me and told me how cool I was, except on one bus, where I kept talking to the woman next to me and she kept ignoring me. How could anyone ignore moi??? It's simply inconceivable.

My stroller caused more trouble at the rental car lot. It wouldn't fit into the trunk opening of the first car. It fit into the second trunk, but at an angle that left no room for any suitcases. Finally, we got into a Subaru Outback, got my stroller and my seat loaded, and headed up the Pacific Coast Highway. I took a long nap while Daddy drove through Marina del Rey, Santa Monica, Venice and Malibu, then through Topanga Canyon, Van Nuys and Tarzana and Encino, past the Getty Center, and finally back home to Venice.

Last night we ate tacos on the roof. My taco was only a whole wheat tortilla with nothing in it, but I loved it soooo much. I kept cramming it into my mouth because I couldn't get enough of it. I also ate green beans, rice and avocado (my first!), but the taco was the best. I love to eat what my parents are eating. This morning Mommy made orange rolls, and then they ate them without sharing any with me! I had already had milk and rice cereal and bananas, and I had pear juice in front of me, but that is baby stuff, man. So while I whined to Daddy, Mommy put a big piece of sourdough bread crust on the plate of rolls, and then she let me take the bread from the plate of rolls, and I was thrilled beyond belief! I love me some sourdough bread!

Even when I don't get the big people's food, I am still happier these days because my parents FINALLY understand what I have been saying to them for weeks now. When I am hungry, I say, "Nyum! Nyum!" At first, they thought maybe it was the beginning of "Ma Ma" or maybe "Nonna." They are so clueless. I had to scream it at them until they finally got it. Now we have a great arrangment: I yell "NYUM! NYUM!" at them, and they jump to feed me. Life is good, people.

This afternoon a babysitter named Lori is coming to hang out with me while my parents go to see Craig Ferguson tape the Late, Late Show. I hope she is cool. Maybe she will let me have some of those tortilla chips the big people keep eating in front of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Milo, I am so impressed with the big people food you are eating. I know that is such a treat for you.
I love you, Nonna