26 April 2007

My Sonoma

After spending Monday night in Rohnert Park, we spent Tuesday looping around the Sonoma Valley. While I slept in the car, my parents got burritos and took them for a picnic at St Francis Winery, between Santa Rosa and Kenwood. When I woke up, we went inside for a tasting. I tried to share Daddy's Old Vine Zinfandel but got nowhere.
In the town of Sonoma, we stood on the spot (or one of the spots, at least) where Californians declared independence from Mexico.

In the Sonoma town square, I watched a Mommy, Daddy and four brand new baby ducks swim in the pond. I also got to watch the big kids watching the ducks, which was even more fun than watching the ducks themselves. I got out of the stroller and practiced my raspberries on Mommy.

We hit the Tuesday night Farmers' Market in Sonoma. Mommy and Daddy ate zucchini tamales and Thai rice paper rolls and coffee cake cookies while I got strained pears. Whoopee. They're going to have to start sharing, and soon.

Today we drove all day long to get to Medford, Oregon, and tomorrow we drive (but not quite as long) to Portland, where we can park the car and stay put for a few days. I have been sooooo good for three weeks, but I am finally starting to get a little tired of the carseat, so I will be glad to chill after tomorrow's drive. I want to just hang out with Daddy and Mommy and work on growing my tooth.

No comments: