23 April 2007

Central Coast-a-Go-Go

On Friday we drove the rest of the way down through Big Sur to Hearst Castle. We stopped for lunch at Ragged Rock and I got to eat al fresco with the birds. I was so thrilled to hang with the birds I could hardly eat!

The tour guide at Hearst Castle noted what a well-behaved but fearless baby I was. I liked hearing my voice echo in the big rooms.

On Saturday we checked out Saturn Cafe in Santa Cruz and went to the boardwalk, the oldest boardwalk in the United States.

We made a side trip to Castroville ("Artichoke Center of the World") to see the Giant Artichoke.

Yesterday we met up with Jenny to see the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade in San Francisco. I enjoyed the bands with drums, the dancing, and the bright colors. A policeman gave me a Junior officer's badge sticker as my reward for hanging out in the sun for the whole parade.


Today my parents have planned a trip to the laundromat, a viewing of the Rivera mural we didn't make it to last week because I pooped out, a quick tour of Haight-Ashbury and a stop by the building where Daddy lived when he was 18, a meander through Golden Gate Park, and then onward and upward to Sonoma, where there will be wine-tasting. I'm sure I won't be getting any wine, either.

No comments: